Thursday, November 23, 2006

Andrew Jones

I did my interview with Andrew Jones yesterday and I must say that I am am very impressed and a little awestruck. I feel like I still have a long way to go, and I feel like I may be on the wrong path to what it is that I really want to do. I worked so hard to get into graphics and now I feel like it is going to start holding me back. This is my last semester with an illustration class and I am very sad about it. I feel like I am ahead of many of my classmates...or that they don't want to have anything to do with illustration. I feel like I need to concentrate more on my drawing and less on graphics...less on this work that I don't feel I need to do to get the job I want. So what do I do about this...? if I didn't have Ms. Spivey it wouldn't be a big deal to me, but her classes take up so much of my freetime outside of class that I am lossing time to do what I need to do. I have discovered ConceptArt.org and have been reading what is needed for a portfolio...reading the things that I do not have or am not capable of yet. Things that I need to do:

1.) DRAW!
2.) Talk to other concept artists.
3.) DRAW!
4.) Learn more about color and doing landscapes and architecture.
5.) DRAW!
6.) Learn some 3D software like 3D Studio Max
7.) DRAW!!!!

Because I need to do alot of catching up with other people in this field, I dedicate this site to my artwork and sketching, as well as critiques, interviews, and research.

Goals:
1.) To do a drawing a day (at least one drawing, painting not included).
2.) To have a photoshopped image (cell shaded or painted) every two weeks.
3.) Find an internship that has to do with concept art before this coming summer.
4.) Do some type of exercise at least 3 times a week to keep myself loose.

These goals must be done regardless of sleep, grades, or socialization. This determines my future and I must stick to it. I have some other goals in mind, but these are the golden 4.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5) Remind your girlfriend everyday how much you love her. ;-) :-*