Monday, January 31, 2011

Sketches for the week




Some sketches I did while looking at Scott Campbell. Trying to get better at my line quality and drawing hot women. My line is still a little too sketchy for my taste and the overall flow isn't working out for me yet. I can always see my weaknesses when I use pen. Too much of a painter I guess. Also, this is my final touchup on the painting up top. Added some purer reds and upped the saturation a bit. Looks alot better in person. I think the camera tends to balance out the contrast some. Ah well.

So, I have to say, this stickk.com thing is actually getting me to get some work done and now that i'm starting to get used to it, I think I'm going to up the ante a bit. My goal for February is to make a submission to ballistic publishing. I'm moving this weekend and then I can totally dedicate myself to it, so wish me luck!

No comments: