Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quest for perfection


Ugh! The pain. So I sat down tonight to do some drawing for fun. Started on some faces (all from imagination) and moved on to the body. This is probably the only thing worth posting. I've realized something. I've realized I'm starting to remember how to draw. It's slowly coming back to me. Unfortunately, I'm also remembering all the things that I have been meaning to work on. Things that I was wanting to work on a year and a half ago. Ugh. So much time lost. I've been mindlessly copying figure contours at figure drawing instead of trying to learn REAL anatomy from them. Damn women hips. Why are you so hard to draw!? You're round, but you're flat, but you're round. And hands… don't get me started on hands… So much to learn. I was about to start learning folds and fabric a year and a half ago too.

SO, time to figure out how to do this. With me, I tend to grind experience (forgive the WoW reference), then do the big battle. But I need to get some actual work done instead of constant studies. I need to figure out this balancing act. I can't be constantly studying and not doing anything with substance.

No comments: